About Me


A twenty-something living in Annapolis and the DC area. I love sharing posts about my lifestyle and I occasionally dabble in beauty.

I am a Labor and Delivery nurse and when I'm not bringing babies into the world I enjoy exploring the area, sharing good food and drinks with friends, attending concerts, and occasionally crafting, like DIYs and quilting.

Friday, September 5, 2014

The Body Shop Haul


Recently, I have really been loving The Body Shop.  I had never actually been into the store until last month and oh man, did I fall in love.  I was mesmerized by all of the skin, bath, shower, and make-up products.  I definitely went a little crazy in there.  So, I thought I would share with you guys what I bought...




1. Vitamin E Moisture Cream

I have been looking to switch up my moisturizer routine lately.  I had been using the LUSH Full of Grace, but I was kind of over the whole solid moisturizer thing.  It was very oily and I wanted something a bit more creamy.  This made my dreams come true.  I also like that it sinks in very well, rather than just sitting on top of my skin. I have been using it in the morning after I wash my face for the past few days and I've been loving it!



2. Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil

This is the first serum that I have ever used, so I don't have many products to compare it to.  But, I will say I may have to add serums to my daily skincare routine.  I have been putting this on my face at night before I go to bed.  When I wake up, my face feels incredibly soft and hydrated.  I was a little skeptical about this product at first, but it really does absorb into the skin really well.  It just makes my skin feel so radiant and fresh after a good night sleep.










3. Radiant Highlighter

When I was in The Body Shop that day, I tried a little swatch of this on the back of my hand and was instantly mesmerized.  This is such a pretty, shimmery creamy highlighter.  It truly is radiant and will instantly brighten up your make-up.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to use this product yet but I am so excited to try it!






4. Shea Body Butter, Shea Eau de Toilette, Shea Shower Cream

I am very particular about the scents that I use.  I'm not much of a sweet, fruity person and I like to go for something a little deeper.  I was really attracted to the Shea scent, which has sort of a nutty undertone.  The first product, the body butter, is truly amazing.  It has turned me into a body butter girl for sure.  I've had my eye on the Almond body butter so I think that will be my next one.  The Eau de Toilette is really lovely.  It is such a light and fresh mist that I've been wearing as an everyday scent.  I am new to the shower creams.  I've never used one before but I think it's just like conditioner you use in your hair, but for your body.  So I am excited to try it!  All of these products actually came in a gift set.  Plus, they are all the travel sizes so they are perfect to pack away in your suitcase.  I actually took all of these with me to Puerto Rico last week.  If you are looking for a little variety of products to try, I definitely recommend a gift set like this.




5. Spa Wisdom Africa Honey & Beeswax Hand and Foot Butter

This little jar really caught my attention in the store.  First of all, I loved the packaging - and then when I tried a little bit on my hands, I knew that it was coming home with me.  It is extremely moisturizing and it has a really pleasant smell.  I have been using it for pedicures in conjunction with the Coconut Body Scrub, which was featured in my August Favorites.  It makes my feet incredibly soft and it literally feels like I paid thirty dollars for a pedicure.  I feel like this will also be crucial to have during the fall and winter when my hands begin to get really dry from the cold weather.




So that about wraps it up.  I'm so excited to try more products from The Body Shop since I have not been disappointed with these.  Are there any that you guys recommend??

xx Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment