About Me


A twenty-something living in Annapolis and the DC area. I love sharing posts about my lifestyle and I occasionally dabble in beauty.

I am a Labor and Delivery nurse and when I'm not bringing babies into the world I enjoy exploring the area, sharing good food and drinks with friends, attending concerts, and occasionally crafting, like DIYs and quilting.

Monday, September 1, 2014

August Favorites


I have to admit, August is not my most favorite of the months.  I feel as though it is the least exciting of the summer months. But, the end of August marks the beginning of something grand: AUTUMN!  I'm going to share with you only a few of my favorite products that I've been using during the month. So without further adieu...



1. The Body Shop Coconut Cream Body Scrub
Let me tell you - not only does this scrub exfoliate my skin leaving it the smoothest it's ever been, but the smell alone is amazing.  One whiff of this bad boy and it takes me away to a tropical island sipping pina colodas.  Since this is a creamier body scrub I find that it isn't too harsh on my skin and it feels as though it hydrates, as well as exfoliates.  I also really like to use this product as a part of my pedicure routine.



2. The Body Shop Radiant Oil for Body and Hair in Wild Argan Oil
This product is a part of the new Wild Argan Oil scent collection at The Body Shop.  I really like the way this scent is relaxing, but also rich because I'm not a fan of overly sweet and fruity scents.  I normally spray some of this around my chest, shoulders, and arms before I go out to make my skin look a bit more hydrated and not so dull.  You can also use this product in your hair, however, I suggest spraying it into your hand and then applying.  The first time I used this product, I sprayed it directly onto my hair and I instantly regretted it.  I thought it would be more of a mist, rather than a squirt.... you know what I'm sayin? I tried to work it into my hair and I ended up with just like two or three oily patches in my hair.  Not a good look.



3. Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm
Recently, I have been very into brightly colored lip products.  I tend to lean towards very neutral shades and I like to keep my makeup simple.  I think bright lipstick during the summertime can add an extra pop of color without looking like too much.  Needless to say, I love these lip colors.  Not only do they give color, but they really do act as a minty balm to hydrate your lips.  Sometimes when I wear lipstick I feel as though my lips get cracked and dried and then the color becomes uneven, but these are a gem.  The matte finish is beautiful and they last for the entire day.... I'm not kidding!  The colors pictured here are Elusive and Unapologetic, respectively.



4. Real Techniques Travel Essentials Set
I bought this set of Real Techniques brushes at Ulta this month, and OMG have they changed the way I apply my makeup.  They are incredibly soft and blend my makeup beautifully.  The brushes included in this set are the Essential Foundation brush, the Domed Eye Shadow brush, and the Multi Task brush.  It even came with a nifty travel case.  I like the idea of having the brushes color-coded: gold is base brushes, purple is eye brushes, and pink is finishing brushes.  I've already started picking out the ones I will be buying next!



5. Crest 3D White Whitestrips in Shimmer White
I saved the not as exciting product for last.  Have you ever wondered why Miley Cyrus looks so good in red lipstick? It seemed like everywhere I saw her (music videos, magazine covers, red carpet events, etc.) she was sporting the red lipstick flawlessly.  And then it hit me - the reason she looks so good with those candy red lips is because her teeth are so blindingly white.  If you're looking for a whitestrip to use I suggest biting the bullet and splurging on a name brand.  Originally, I had tried an off brand that was a little bit cheaper and after using the whole box, I couldn't even tell the difference. But oh man, these Crest Whitestrips were really amazing.  I had noticed a difference in two days! And now, not only does my red lipstick look better, but so do all of my other colors.

And now just like August, this post is coming to a close.  I am so looking forward to getting September started off on the right foot and sharing with you guys a new set of favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment